Contractors License in Arkansas
How to Obtain a Contractor License in the state of Arkansas:
Each qualifying party must finish and pass the Business and Law exam. The applicants will also be allowed to take the NASCLA Business Law and Project Management Book into the test as well.
The Commercial Trades exam is replaced by the NASCLA – Accredited exam in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virgin Islands, as well as West Virginia.
Arkansas Contractor applications and licensing may be obtained from:
Each qualifying party needs to complete and pass the Business and Law Exam. The applicants can take the NASCLA Business Law and Project Management Book into the test. The course will walk you through the entire book.
- Call 1-888-763-0131 FREE or visit www.experioronline.com
- Register for ARO4 Program name.
- Exam Code 100
- The operator will assist you in finding the nearest Testing Center.
- The test is administered 6 days a week (M-F 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Sat 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Payment – Prometric will accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express or a check can be drafted from your checking account. (Have a check ready for relaying the appropriate numbers) The charge for the test is $80.00.
- You will receive a confirmation number and directions to the testing center. (Note these at the bottom of this page for your references)
- The test is open book, multiple choice, and 50 questions, with a 2-hour time limit.
- The book (Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Arkansas Edition) is available directly from the Publisher, call (623) 587-9519 or complete the order form on the next page.
No handwritten or additional notes are allowed in the reference book (No Letters, words, diagrams, etc.) Highlighting and permanent tabbing is acceptable. Post-it notes are not permanent and will not be allowed. Permanent tabs can be purchased at http://www.nascla.org/tabs-arkansas for $19.99
On the day of your examination, you must arrive at the Prometric Center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete the admission procedures required before your test begins. You must bring the following with you: One official government-issued photo identification such as a driver’s license, passport, etc., and your Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Arkansas Edition.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- a) You may be given extra manuals when you arrive to take the test. You will only be tested from the Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Arkansas Edition.
- b) Verify your exam code before you take the test. c) Have PROMETRIC send the results to YOU. If you request your results be sent to our offices it could take weeks to get to us, which could postpone the approval and release of your license. When you receive them, forward them to us via USPS or fax them to 501-372-2247.
Arkansas Business Law Exam
National NASCLA Exam -
Timeframe to Complete the National NASCLA Exam Prep Course for the State of Arkansas
- Expect 8 hours for the course. However, the course moves fast through materials. You can allow yourself twice the time for a thorough review.
- Allow 24-30 hours for the NASCLA Accredited Commercial Contractor Course.
After you register, you will have six months prior to the course being deactivated. If you need more time, contact us so we can add an extension.
Contractor Continued Education: Is it Required in Arkansas?
NASCLA Accredited Commercial Contractor Licensure: Is it Accepted in Arkansas?
Yes. And 12 other States!
After you complete and pass the NASCLA Accredited Exam for Commercial General Building Contractors, there will be a NASCLA National Exam Database that you will be entered in that allows you to work in 12 states (more coming).
Where can I get the books? From Our Arkansas Book Store