Georgia NASCLA Commercial General Building Contractor (QUALIFYING AGENT) Licence Exam Prep Course In Class and via Live Webinar
Georgia NASCLA Commercial General Building Contractor Licence (QUALIFYING AGENT) Exam Prep Course this course In Class and via Live Webinar
Exam Prep Class:
This class will prepare you to take the Georgia NASCLA Accredited Commercial General Building Contractor Licensing Exam (QUALIFYING AGENT) . We cover all the material that you can bring into the exam. We review all the areas of the test that you are expected to be familiar with and we tab and highlight the areas of the manuals so that you can access the book material quickly and efficiently in the exam. We coach you on the logic for how to navigate the test, how to review the questions, quickly recognize the book to reference and how to hone in on the section to validate the right answers. (There is a logic to how to properly manage the test.)
This is an Instructor led Exam Prep class which lasts about 8 hours. Get your training to pass the test for Georgia General Contractor. We have live classes at our office in Richmond, VA or you can join via Live Webinar. It is just like being in class!
Class Days and Times:
These times are for In-Class or Live Webinar students:
Please click on the link to purchase the text books: Georgia NASCLA Book Bundle
Contractor License Requirements:
In the state of Georgia there are different applications for the various contractor license options:
Please request the appropriate application by accessing the Board
Here are the steps and process for getting your contractor’s license in Georgia:
- You are required to have a four-year degree from an accredited college in an acceptable field plus one year work experience, or four years of comparable work experience.
- The Georgia Business Law is a mandatory exam required to all the other Georgia specialty exams: Candidates must pass the Business Law Exam for licensure in Georgia. Once a candidate has passed the Business Law portion of a Contractor’s Exam, he/she has met the Business Law licensure requirement for all other Contractors Exams.
- A candidate must also pass the licensure portion of the exam for their specific profession – Residential Basic Contractor, Residential – Light Commercial, General Contractor, General Contractor (Limited Tier Individual), and General Contractor (Limited Tier Qualifying Agent).
- You must submit an application with the Georgia board for contractors, please request the appropriate application by accessing the Board website:www.sos.state.ga.us/plb/contractors.
- All questions about applications for licensure should be directed here: State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors PO Box 13446 Macon, GA 31208 (478) 207-2440 ** FAX (478) 207-1454 sos.state.ga.us/plb/contractors.
- Board staff will process your examination application for eligibility. If approved by the Board, you will be notified how to contact PSI for registration.
- Your results will be forwarded to the Board for processing.
Once you have passed the Georgia Business Law Exam you must also pass a technical license exam as well. The following licenses are available - review the applications to determine which license best covers the area of construction you're seeking a license for:
- Georgia Contractor - Individual
- Georgia General Contractor Limited Tier - Individual
- Georgia General Contractor Limited Tier - Qualifying Agent
- Georgia General Contractor Qualifying Agent
- Georgia Residential Basic - Individual
- Georgia Residential Basic - Qualifying Agent
- Georgia Residential / Light Commercial Individual
- Georgia Residential / Light Commercial Qualifying Agent
The PSI bulletin for the Georgia NASCLA Accredited Commercial General Building Contractor Licensing Exam (LIMITED TIER / QUALIFYING AGENT) - click here
Exam and Application:
You have 330 minutes to complete the exam, there are 115 questions and you are required to answer 81 correctly to pass the exam. The Subject Area for the exam covers:
- Planning and Estimating – 21 questions
- Financial and Project Management – 21 questions
- Safety – 19 questions
- Site Construction – 15 questions
- Concrete – 8 questions
- Masonry – 3 questions
- Metals – 5 questions
- Wood Foundations and Framing – 5 questions
- Thermal Moisture Protection – 4 questions
- Doors, Windows, and Glazing – 5 questions
- Finishes – 7 questions
- Specialty Equipment and Conveyance Systems – 2 questions
Here is the PSI bulletin for the Georgia NASCLA Accredited Commercial General Building Contractor Licensing Exam (LIMITED TIER / QUALIFYING AGENT)
Need more information about registering for the exam or applying for the license? Our Georgia Contractor Exam and Testing Page has more information about the exam, PSI and taking the test.
Books and Study Material:
In addition to the workbook materials and sample question and answer practice test and tabs for each book that we produce and supply, the following books are used in preparation for the open book test:
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center.
- Construction Jobsite Management, 4th Edition, 2017, William R. Mincks, Hal Johnston
- Construction Project Management, 2014, 4th Edition
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2013 (updated March 2015)
- NASCLA Contractors' Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Basic 12th Edition
- Erectors' Manual - Standards and Guidelines for the Erection of Pre Cast Concrete Products, 1999, 2nd Edition
- Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning - Level 1 Field Fundamentals, 2003, 3rd Edition
- SDI (Steel Deck Institute) Manual of Construction with Steel Deck, 2006, 2nd Edition
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, 2011, Dave Roberts
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th edition, 2014
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, Recommended Practices, 2011, 9th edition
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders, 3rd Edition
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, Clois E. Kicklighter, 8th edition (2015)
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 2014, 9th Edition
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA), with latest available amendments
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2010 or 2016 (Student Edition)
- ANSI Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, 2009
- Roofing Construction and Estimating, Daniel Atcheson, 1995
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 2005, 3rd Edition
- Green Building Fundamentals, Michael Montoya, 2011, 2nd edition
- International Building Code, 2009 or 2012 Edition
Georgia NASCLA Accredited Commercial General Building Contractor Licensing Exam Prep Course -Book Bundle
The Georgia Business Law is a mandatory exam required to all the other Georgia specialty exams: Candidates must pass the Business Law Exam for licensure in Georgia. Once a candidate has passed the Business Law portion of a Contractor’s Exam, he/she has met the Business Law licensure requirement for all other Contractors Exams. A candidate must also pass the licensure portion of the exam for their specific profession – Residential Basic Contractor, Residential – Light Commercial, General Contractor, General Contractor (Limited Tier Individual), and General Contractor (Limited Tier Qualifying Agent).