Exam Prep Course
Virginia Framing Subcontractor Exam Prep in Class or Webinar
- Course Duration:
- Course Type: Currently Unavailable
- Books Required:
The exam at PSI is open-book. You may bring the approved references into the exam, and reference manuals may be tabbed and highlighted. Tabs must be permanent adhesive tabs - removable tabs such as post-its are not allowed in the examination center.
You may take the following references into the exam with you:
- International Building Code, 2012 or 2015 edition
- International Residential Code, 2012 or 2015 edition
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2010
- Code of Federal Regulations CFR Part 1926 and Related Standards
All Virginia Contractor Applicants are still required to meet other state licensing regulations in order to obtain a license. This includes taking a mandatory 8-Hour Pre-License Course before applying for licensure as well as submitting a license application. All applicants must also take a technical exam specific to the type of work they perform. We offer exam prep courses and materials for nearly every exam in Virginia - check them out here!