Ohio Business Law Exam Prep Services & Materials
We offer everything you need to prepare for the Ohio Business Law Exam, required for all Ohio Tradesman license applicants.
To prepare for the Ohio Business Law Exam, you will need the required reference manual and tabs as well as our exam prep course. We also give the option to purchase a pre-tabbed and highlighted reference manual, saving you valuable hours of highlighting the information within the book yourself.
The Ohio Contractor Business and Law Exam is required for any Ohio Tradesman license applicant.
Applicants must apply to the state prior to registering with PSI for an examination. You must obtain an examination application form from the OCILB or online at their website. Complete the application and mail it with the appropriate fees and other required information to the OCILB. The OCILB will review your application to determine your eligibility to sit for an exam.
Once you have been approved by the Board, you are required to complete a State and Federal Background Check prior to sitting for the examination.
How to Become a Licensed Plumber in Ohio
To earn a Plumbing Contractor license in Ohio you will need to take the Business and Law exam as well as any required trade-specific exam.
The other steps to licensure include:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen or be able to provide proof of being a legal alien.
- Either have been a tradesperson in the type of licensed trade for which the application is filed for not less than five (5) years immediately prior to the date the application is filed, currently be a registered engineer in this state with three (3) years of business experience in the construction industry in the trade for which the engineer is applying to take the examination, or have other experience acceptable to the appropriate section of the board.
- Never have been convicted of a disqualifying offense as defined in S.B. 337.
- Pass the examination in the trade.
- Carry minimum $500,000 contractor liability coverage.
- Pay the applicable fees.
You may review the Ohio PSI Bulletin for more details regarding the Plumbing Contractor exam.
About Our Products and Services
We know obtaining a contractor's license is a complicated process. We're here to simplify the process as much as possible - and with our proven-effective study techniques and proprietary study materials, we can help set you up for success in the exams.
What is on the Exam?
|# of Questions||Minimum Passing Score||Time Allowed|
|50||35 (70%)||120 minutes|
|Subject Area||# of questions|
|Estimating and Bidding||8|
|Insurance and Bonding||5|
|OSHA Record Keeping and Safety||5|
|Pretest Items (unscored)||5|
You can also refer to the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin here for more information on testing policies.
What You'll Need to Prepare for the Exam
Exam Prep Course
Our Business Law Exam Prep course is an online, pre-recorded course you can complete at your own time and pace. Course material is delivered to you digitally so you can begin the course immediately after purchase.See More
Our exam prep tabs help mark the commonly referenced sections of the books used in the exam. Don't waste time flipping through your books in the timed exam - our tabs help you to be able to quickly reference important material in your books and move on to the next question without wasting valuable time.See More