North Carolina Highway Exam Tabbed and Highlighted Book Bundle
The North Carolina Highway Contractor exam at PSI is partially open-book. You may bring some of the references used to create exam questions into the exam.
We offer two North Carolina Highway Exam prep book bundles: one bundle with only the books allowed for use within the exam, and one bundle with all references that can be used as study material. This is a pre-tabbed and highlighted book bundle containing our exam prep tabs and course curriculum highlights for each book.
Books allowed into the exam:
- Sports Fields Design, Construction, and Maintenance
- NASCLA Contractor’s Guide to Business, Law and Project Management - North Carolina General Contractors, 8th Edition
- North Carolina Standard Specifications for Roads and Structures
- North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry, with latest available amendments
- Construction Planning, Equipment, and Methods
- CAMA Handbook for Development of Coastal North Carolina
Books not allowed into the exam, but used to formulate exam questions:
- North Carolina Administrative Code, Title 15A, Chapter 4 Sedimentation Control
- North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 113A, Article 4 Sedimentation Pollution Control Act of 1973
- North Carolina One-Call Center Excavation Manual
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
- Hot-Mix Asphalt Paving Handbook (MAPH-2)
- Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contracting in the State of North Carolina
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, Recommended Practices
- Instructional Manual for Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning
- Jacked Tunnel Design and Construction
We offer a book buy-back program - get up to 30% of the retail value back for your used books! Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested..
Questions & Answers
See what our students say
I recommend using the services of Contractor Training Center if you are serious about passing the exam.
They don't waste your time with fluff. They arm you with all the right tools and give you special insights that you just won't get anywhere else. I would definitely choose them again if I have any future test requirements.
I would absolutely recommend Contractor Training Center to everyone!
"Great course that helped me pass the NASCLA Exam on my first try by a convincing margin!!" says Jason
I don't think I could have gotten through the test without Contractor Training Center.
"The course and materials were very helpful. Whenever I had a question I always got a response in a timely manner. If you study the materials given, you will definitely pass." says David