Florida Building Codes Course
2020 FBC Advanced: Florida Building Code ‐ Building 7th Edition (2020)
Florida Building Codes Course for Licensure by Endorsement Applicants
- Course Duration: 1 Hour
- Course Type: Online Pre-Recorded
- Books Required: No Books Required
2020 FBC Advanced: Florida Building Code ‐ Building 7th Edition (2020) ‐ Analysis of Significant Changes from the 2018 International Building Code
This course is intended for those seeking licensure under F.S. 489 part 1 as a Division 1 contractor using the NASCLA Endorsement license qualification process to provide a comparison of the Florida specific changes to definitions, wind load requirements, and other key changes between the 2018 International Building Code and the Florida Building Code-Building 7th edition (2020).
Endorsement is a method of licensure for applicants who, instead of taking the State of Florida's licensing examination, have either taken an examination of substantial equivalency to the corresponding Florida licensing examination, meet the experience requirements for Florida certification, and meet all other requirements for licensure; OR hold a valid license to practice contracting issued by another state or United State territory, if the criteria for issuance of such license were substantially equivalent to Florida's current certification criteria.
Applicants for endorsement who have successfully passed the commercial builder examination administered by the National Association of State Contractor Licensing Agencies (NASCLA) will need to pass the Florida Business and Finance examination and affirm that they have taken an exam covering the Florida Building Code. This 1-hour online course fulfills the exam covering the Florida Building Code requirement.
This 1-hour course is delivered in an interactive internet-delivered format and is timed to ensure active participation for the entire course duration.
This course is approved by the Florida Building Commission, Department of Business and Professional Regulation, and the Construction Industry Licensing Board:
FBC Advanced Course #1093.0 | CILB Course # 0614296 | DBPR Provider #PVD1502
Class Days and Times:
This is an online, pre-recorded course that can be completed at your own time and pace. You may pause, exit, and resume the course at a later time.
webinar access time
Online Content is available for 180 days after purchase. To extend content access an additional 180 days, a $50 course extension fee is required. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.
This course includes an end-of-course quiz to ensure competency within the subject areas discussed.
Contractors that complete this course will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of the Florida Building Code development process and be familiar with the adoption of the Florida Building Code.
- Be able to recognize changes between the Florida Building Code-Building 7th edition (2020) and the 2018 International Building Code.
- Understand what significant changes have been made from the International Building Code provisions to the Florida Building Code-Building that are frequently used by Florida General, Building, and Residential contractors.
- Have familiarity with the different requirements for construction in Florida as it relates to wind loads, product approvals, and impact protection in coastal building zones and wind-borne debris regions.