Exam Prep Course
Nevada B-2 Residential Small Commercial General Building Contractor Exam Prep Course
- Course Duration: Complete at Your Own Pace
- Course Type: Online Pre-Recorded
- Books Required: 3*
This license covers the construction and remodeling of houses and other structures which support, shelter, or enclose persons or animals or other chattels, and which do not extend more than three stories above the ground and one story below the ground.
Exam Prep Course:
This is an online, pre-recorded course you can complete at your own time and pace. The course is delivered digitally so you can begin preparing for your exam immediately after your purchase.
You must get pre-approved by the Nevada State Contractors Board to take the exam. The application process includes a background check.
webinar access time
Online Content is available for 180 days after purchase. To extend content access an additional 180 days, a $50 course extension fee is required. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.
The exam at PSI is partially open-book. Only three of the eleven recommended reference materials are allowed in the exam. You should prepare for the exam with all of the recommended reference materials but be prepared to take the exam with only the three approved manuals allowed in the exam. You may bring the approved references into the exam, and reference manuals may be tabbed and highlighted. Tabs must be permanent adhesive tabs - removable tabs such as post-its are not allowed in the examination center.
The exam is partially open-book. You may use the following approved references when taking the exam:
- International Building Code, 2018, International Code Council
- International Residential Code, 2018, International Code Council
- ACI 318-11 or ACI 318-14 (2011 or 2014): Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary, American Concrete Institute
The following are not allowed in the examination center, but are references that may be used to study for the exam:
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA), with latest available amendments
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2016 (Student Edition)
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, Clois E. Kicklighter, 7th edition (2010)
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, Dave Roberts, 2011
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th edition, 2014
- Suggested Marking Guidelines and The Nevada One Call Law, http://usanorth811.org/wpcontent/uploads/2013/11/NEVADA-ExcavationManual.pdf
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2018
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 2018, 4rd Edition
We offer these books in a bundle linked here. We also offer pre-tabbed and highlighted books, containing all our course curriculum highlights and permanent pre-printed tabs that save you hours of preparing the books for your exam.
In Nevada, all contractor applicants are required to take and pass a Nevada Contractor Management Survey Exam in order to get licensed. We offer an exam prep course and reference materials to help you prepare for this exam!
What is on the Exam?
|# of Questions||Minimum Passing Score||Time Allowed|
|80||56 (70%)||180 minutes|
|Subject Area||# of questions|
|Thermal and Moisture Protection||9|
|Doors and Windows||3|
|Drywalls and Finishes||4|
|General Code, Plan Reading and Estimating||10|
|Nevada One Call||3|
You can also refer to the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin here for more information on testing policies.