Maryland Home Improvement Salesperson Exam Prep Online Pre-Recorded
Maryland Home Improvement Salesperson Exam Prep Course
This is an online exam prep seminar for the MD Home Improvement Salesperson Exam. It contains material on tabbing and highlighting the open-book material and extensive practice test questions to prepare you to take the MD HI Salesperson Exam. The online class does not include physical products such as books and tabs, which are sold separately here.
Maryland Home Improvement Salesperson Exam Prep
- In order to obtain an MHIC salesperson license, an applicant must pass an exam and must receive written notice signed by a licensed contractor and the applicant verifying that an employment or other contractual relationship exists between the licensed contractor and the salesperson. The salesperson exam is administered by PSI Exams. Click here to see the PSI Application to take the MD HI Exam
- In order to apply for a salesperson license, the individual must present to the Commission a written notice signed by a licensed contractor and the applicant for the salesperson license confirming an employment or other contractual relationship between the licensed salesperson and the contractor.
- An individual salesperson may not represent more than two licensed contractors at a time and may only represent one licensed contractor when negotiating a home improvement contract with the same homeowner.
- Click here to see the Salesperson Original Application
What Work Can You Do Under This License:
A “Sales Representative” is defined as “an individual employed by a home builder as the home builder's representative to consumers regarding the purchase of a new home from the home builder.” A Sales Representative is an individual who has primary responsibility on behalf of a home builder for interacting with a consumer with respect to the purchase of a new home.
Exam Prep Class:
This class will prepare you to take the Maryland Home Improvement Salesperson Exam.
We cover all the material that you are allowed to bring into the exam: Maryland Business and Project Management for Salespersons NASCLA 6th Edition. The online class does not include physical products such as books and tabs, which are sold separately here.
Class Days and Times:
This is an Online Class Only. It includes the course for highlighting your manual and the extensive Q and A Practice Test.
You can register here online or call us at 804-556-5518
Exams are administered by PSI and can be scheduled online or by calling PSI EXAMINATION SERVICES (800) 733-9267
Want to know more about the exam? Please click here for the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin
The MD Home Improvement Salesperson Exam Consists of:
Passing Score: 25 correct questions
You will have 90 Minutes to take this exam.
The exam consists of the following subject areas:
- Home Improvement Law (25 Items)
- Door-to-Door Sales Act (10 Items)
- You Must register for the exam with the form listed in the PSI information bulletin in order to sit for the exam. Exam fee is $63.
Once you pass the exam you can apply. You can find a link to the applications here. Applications can only be received by mail to:
Maryland Home Improvement Commission
P.O. Box 17409
Baltimore, MD 21297-1409
- License fee for sales contractor is $100.
- Application fee to MHIC for Salesperson license is an additional $20.
- There is no reciprocity with any other states license and the state of Maryland
Applying for a Maryland Original License - Home Improvement Commission
Supporting documents to be filed with an original license application:
Co-Owner's Signature (Word) - Submit if assets are co-owned
Any applicant who does not meet the Commission's financial solvency guidelines may obtain an indemnitor (cosigner) or purchase a surety bond:
Surety Bond form ($20,000) (Word)
Surety Bond form ($100,000) (Word)
PSI Application to take the MD HI Exam which includes the Experience Verification Form (Page 10)
You may take the Maryland Business and Project Management for Contractors NASCLA 6th Edition into the exam with you.
Maryland Home Improvement Salesperson
Additional Information on Maryland Home Builders:
(Maryland new home construction contractors)
Need to have $100K liability insurance. The MD Office of Attorney General has to be listed as the certificate holder.
Register the business with the state 410-767-1184
They will turn it around in 20 business days
Non-refundable registration fee of $300 to register
Registration lasts 2 years