Exam Prep Course
Georgia Residential Light Commercial Contractor License Exam Prep Course
- Course Duration: Self-Paced; 180 Days Access
- Course Type: Online Pre-Recorded
- Books Required: 14
Georgia Residential Light Commercial Contractor Exam Prep Course
Georgia Residential Light Commercial Contractors may perform work by a residential-basic contractor and, additionally, perform activity related to multifamily and multiuse light commercial buildings and structures, and their related accessory buildings and structures, which are less than four stories in height; less than 25,000 square feet in aggregate interior floor space, and are constructed of wood or light gauge metal frame, brick veneer, prefabricated, or manufactured type of construction; or are pre-engineered steel buildings not exceeding 50,000 square feet of interior floor space; provided that such buildings or structures are not of the type of building or structure that would constitute a special hazard to property or to life and safety of persons.
To obtain a license, applicants will need to pass both the technical (builders) exam and the Georgia Business and Law Exam.
Exam Prep Class:
This class will prepare you to take the Georgia Residential Light Commercial Contractor exam at PSI. We cover all the pertinent material within the reference manuals you are allowed to bring into the exam. The pre-recorded content included with all class purchases also includes practice exam questions and answers to prepare you to take the timed exam.
Class Days and Times:
This prep course is an online, self-paced course. After purchasing, you will have access to the course for 180 days. If you need a content extension, you can contact our support team and renew access for an additional 180 days for $50.
webinar access time
Online Content is available for 180 days after purchase. To extend content access an additional 180 days, a $50 course extension fee is required. If you have any questions, please contact our support team.
The exam at PSI is open-book. You may bring the approved references into the exam, and reference manuals may be tabbed and highlighted. Tabs must be permanent adhesive tabs - removable tabs such as post-its are not allowed in the examination center.
We offer a book bundle for the Georgia Residential Light Commercial Contractor exam, available here. You may take the following references into the exam with you:
- International Building Code 2018
- International Residential Code 2018
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA), with latest available amendments
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2010 or 2016 (Student Edition)
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Georgia Accessibility Code, latest edition
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, Clois E. Kicklighter
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, Dave Roberts, 2011
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th Edition, 2014
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders, 3rd Edition, 2008
- SDI Manual of Construction with Steel Deck, Steel Deck Institute
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2009 Edition
- Georgia State Amendments to the State Minimum Standard Codes; Georgia Department of Community Affairs
Exam Subject Areas
What is on the Exam?
|# of Questions||Minimum Passing Score||Time Allowed|
|90||63 (70%)||230 minutes|
|Subject Area||# of questions|
|Site work, Footings, and Foundations||8|
|Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement||8|
|General Code and Construction Knowledge||20|
You can also refer to the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin here for more information on testing policies.